Continuing on my latest theme of Ways to Make Your Seller Happy (or not!), here's another re-post of a blog I wrote several years back after a disappointing experience I had personally with a listing agent...
"Ten Ways to Show Your Seller You Don't Care!"
It's easy! Just follow these simple steps...
1. Don't send your seller a copy of the MLS listing entry to get his feedback.
2. Don't let him know when his house officially goes "on the market."
3. Don't offer to do an open house, and be sure to argue with him if he asks you to.
4. Don't call the seller after your open house with feedback.
5. Don't call the seller after you show his house with feedback.
6. Don't call after the first few showings just to check in.
7. Don't monitor showings, but the next time you talk, ask "Have you had any showings lately?"
8. Put up a brochure box, but never fill it (or let it stay empty after the first batch is gone).
9. Don't send the seller copies of your advertising.
10. Don't contact the seller at all until it's time to ask for price reduction or to extend the listing.
If you follow these simple instructions for each and every one of your listings, you will be assured a long, glorious career of prospecting, prospecting, prospecting to keep that pipeline filled! You'll never have to worry about repeat or referral business distracting you from your all-important prospecting schedule...
The Exceptional Agent Project is Live!